Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sitting Around

We've instituted a new policy at our store; no sitting on the floor. The first hour I'm sure I told at least 20 people, "I'm sorry, we're not allowed to let people sit on the floor anymore." No one questioned me but a few grumbled and a couple chose to squat and lean against display fixtures.

My impression after two days of doing this is that the store looks a lot cleaner. People aren't picnicing and leaving a mess. Fewer stacks of wedding magazines piled back in reference. Fewer coffee cups on shelves.

It helped that we had four roof leaks and one bathroom plumbing leak; the floor was wet in several areas....

I don't know if it will hurt sales but I rather doubt it. It might even help.

And the manga section is once more navigable.

No comments: