Tuesday, November 11, 2008

3,000 Girls

Yesterday when I got to work, around 5:45 am, I was surprised to see that McDonalds had a line. It was dark so I didn't notice the other crowd of girls (mostly) waiting for an event at Hot Topic in the mall. Some had been waiting from the night before. The event was scheduled for 7 pm. A popular event.

Apparently (while I was counting drawers) the crowd swelled and became a mob which got out of hand and got quite dangerous in the crush. One woman had her nose broken being pressed up against the glass doors, another fainted and several were in fear of suffocating.

The police broke it up and cancelled the event. So with nothing else to do they came to our store. We were busy for a couple hours. A few were in tears, but generally it was a good crowd; well behaved. At the time I didn't know about the scary crush.

No comments: