Friday, June 20, 2008

Straw Days

Last week I had half my teeth cleaned (don't worry, I had the other half cleaned last month). While my lips was still numb I managed to bite a big chunk out of it. It's one of those injuries that starts hurting more and more as the days go by. My lip has been swollen and very tender.

But it doesn't hurt. Unless I'm eating, drinking, talking, smiling, brushing my teeth, shaving... Which are things it turns out that I do with some degree of frequency. I've been drinking coffee with a straw and eating the mildest of foods (bread and butter, etc.).

I finally tracked down some goop that forms a nice coating over the divet and have been able to eat again. It's not noticeable (although if feels like it should be) except at work people notice I'm not smiling...

Here's some friendly advice. Don't eat yourself.

No comments: